Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Leaning into the Discomfort

It's amazing to me how my problems that I feel like I'm dealing with can end up feeling so small, especially when I know everyone has something they're also facing. Why is it that I haven't built up the resiliency to sit in or go to sleep with certain discomforts and want to through a fit until I'm satisfied with an answer? I think this is definitely part of growing up.

At first, gratitude journals seemed like such a frivolous task and would probably not be what I'm looking for. I believe that the trick is, being grateful or at least learning to be grateful is all we have left. Whenever I think, "Would I feel this way if this was the last hour or last day I have?" then my answer is usually, no I want to be feeling or reacting differently.

I've learned so much from this experience and am now better understanding many of the Buddhist principles, like letting go of what you can't control. We're now adults having to make adult decisions. Things I would forgive my best friends for doing are currently things I'm not willing to forgive others for doing. What if there's so much more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment